SPRING 2020 Rental Due Date has been extended to JUNE 1, 2020
To return your rental textbooks please follow the instructions below:
Print your rental reminder email and stick inside the book. Make sure your M# is on this email reminder.
- Place the book inside the drop box. (click here for location)
- If you did not receive an email, click here and print a rental book return form, be sure to enter your M#.
- If you have a loose leaf book that has been rented and want to keep your binder, please rubber band horizontally and vertically, so the pages do not fall out.
- If you wish to keep any of your books, you can contact us at and we will help you purchase them outright.
- If you cannot make it to campus – you may mail your rental books with a copy of the reminder email to the following address:
MCC Bookstore – Brighton
Attn: Rental Returns
1000 E. Henrietta Rd
Rochester, NY 14623
Whichever way you choose to return your rented texts, it is important to include either your rental reminder email or a completed rental book return form; without this information, we will not be able to mark your text as returned and you will incur penalty and replacement fees and a hold will be placed on your account.
For students that are not living in the Rochester area, please email the bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email, and shipping address and we will send you a return label.
MCC Bookstore Rental Agreement
1. Rental Fee. I am at least 18 years of age and I am entering this Textbook Rental Agreement with Monroe Community College Bookstore of my own free will as of the receipt date. To rent a textbook, I must pay the textbook rental fee. I will return each of the textbooks rented to MCC Bookstore by rental due date of ___________.
2. Failure to Return. I understand that the textbooks rented to me are the property of MCC Bookstore. I understand that the rental fee is for one semester and the textbooks must be returned even if needed for the following semester. Failure to return each of the rented textbook(s) by the due date, or if returned in an unsalable condition (as set out below), I authorize MCC Bookstore to charge to my credit card on file the replacement price of the rented textbook(s) and any applicable late fees. I understand that these charges (replacement price and late fees) will be charged to my credit card on the first day after the due date. For the purposes of this Agreement, the replacement price of a rented textbook is MCC Bookstore's new or used retail value of the textbook. New or used book price is based on the book price at the time of rental. MCC Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of any due dates.
3. Purchasing. I understand that I can purchase the rental textbook(s) for retail price minus the rental fee at any time during regular store hours throughout the drop/add period posted for the semester for which I am renting the textbook(s).
4. Late Fees. A late fee of $20 per book will be assessed. This fee will begin the first day following the return due date. It is at the discretion of MCC Bookstore management to accept any rental returns after the return due date.
5. Drop a Course. I understand that if I drop a course for which I have rented a textbook, the rental fee is refundable only if I return the rented textbook(s) within the refund period with the original receipt. I understand that I must return the rental textbook(s) even if that course is being taken again in the future. If I drop a course after the refund period or have an incomplete in a course for which I rented a textbook, I must return the rented textbook(s) no later than the rental due date.
6. Conditions upon Return. I accept the responsibility to use the textbook(s) and return it to the MCC Bookstore in saleable condition. No visible answers are allowed and highlighting must be kept to less than 15% of the text. Water, fire, excessive tears and missing pages constitute a damaged book. Saleable condition means the spine of the book is intact, there is no damage to the book, and all component parts of the book must be present. I am responsible for any loss or theft of the rented textbook(s).
7. Cards as Security. I will not cancel or exceed the purchasing limits of the credit card on file until the rented textbook(s) are either returned to MCC Bookstore by the due date in saleable condition or the non-return fees are paid. I will promptly notify MCC Bookstore of any changes to my personal information or credit card information. If the card is declined, the fees will be billed to me. My college account will be placed on hold preventing future enrollment in classes, access to financial aid, and release of official documents including transcripts.